In this website, I share the amazing work my exceptional students and postdocs conduct at Georgia Tech’s Omni Lab for Intelligent Visual Engineering and Science (OLIVES) and Center for Energy and Geo Processing (CeGP). Check the research page for details on our work. We share in this website all our publications, codes, demos, and datasets.
Check my Bio to know more about my expertise.
Keywords: Machine Learning, Image and Video Processing, Computer Vision, Perception, Scene Understanding, Computational Interpretation, Learning in the Wild, Machine Learning for Energy, Learning for Autonomous Vehicles, Education, Expert Witness for Patent Infringement Cases, Technical Consulting, Mentorship
- 03/27/2018: Dr. Muhammad Amir Shafiq passed his doctoral dissertation defense and he did an outstanding job as usual. Congratulations Amir!
- 03/13-15/2018: Gave a series of lectures as part of a short course at KAUST. The course is on Machine Learning for Geosciences.
- 03/10/2018: The March 2018 Issue of the IEEE Signal Processing Magazine has a special issue on machine learning for subsurface exploration. We have a paper in the SI and there are a total of three papers from the Center for Energy and Geo Processing (CeGP).
- 01/25/2018: An article featuring the image processing (ECE6258) term projects that solve real problems in the society and around campus. Check the article and the projects’ videos and posters.
- 01/18/2018: An abstract by Charlie Lehman selected to the poster competition of Career, Research, Innovation, and Development Conference (CRIDC). Congratulations Charlie!
- 09/17/2017: Winners of the VIP Cup 2017 are announced during the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP). Please check winning teams in our VIP Cup page. Congratulations!
- 09/07/2017: We had a visit by the CTO of a major Auto Manufacturer that has funded us for more than five years and we have discussed our projects progress, AI, Machine Learning, AVs, and EVs and their role in the future of mobility.
- 08/21/2017: Thanks to Evan Bianco of PGeo for writing about our group’s three papers at the EAGE’s 2017 special session on “Machine Learning Meets Seismic Interpretation,” in Paris.
- 08/15/2017: The top 3 VIP cup competing teams were announced. Congratulations to team Neurons, team PolyUTS, and team Markovians for making it to the final round to be held in Beijing, China on Sunday, September 17, 2017.
- 05/04/2017: Tariq Alshawi passed his Ph.D. Proposal Examination.
- 04/13/2017: Amir Shafiq passed his Ph.D. Proposal Examination.
- 04/05/2017: Yazeed Alaudah and Motaz Alfarraj won Student Travel Grants to attend EAGE’17 in Paris this summer.
- 03/29/2017: Recognized by the students through Georgia Tech’s Center for Teaching and Learning as a Great Teacher!
- 03/28/2017: Our ICME’17 paper “Power of Tempospatially Unified Spectral Density for Perceptual Video Quality Assessment,” by Mohammed Aabed, Gukyeong Kwon, and Ghassan AlRegib was selected (among top 3% papers) as a finalist in the 10K Best Paper Award Competition. We will be recognized at the conference in the Banquet and Award Ceremony.
- 03/24/2017: Can Temel is the recipient of the 2017 ECE GRA Excellence Award
- 03/24/2017: Motaz Alfarraj is the recipient of the 2017 ECE GTA Excellence Award
- 03/15/2017: Our own Can Temel was selected to receive the 2017 Sigma Xi Best Ph.D. Thesis Award
- The IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (SPM) Special Issue on Subsurface Exploration: Recent Advances in Geo signal Processing, Interpretation, and Learning is planned for the January 2018 issue; Notifications to submit full articles announced on March 15, 2017
- 03/20-21/2017: We are hosting the 6th CeGP Workshop in Atlanta, March 20-21, 2017
- 02/15/2017: We are organizing and hosting the 2017 IEEE VIP cup